Offham Primary School
Nurturing, Enquiring, Inspiring, Achieving
GDPR and Data Protection
Is Offham Primary School GDPR compliant?
Data protection law changed on the 25th May 2018 to become GDPR.
The steps we took in order to be compliant with GDPR are as follows:
- Conducting a self-assessment of readiness for GDPR.
- Reviewing all documentation from Gov.UK, ICO, IRMS Toolkit.
- Reissue of letters for photography of children.
- Reissue of Privacy Notices for anyone associated with the school.
- Review of contracts with our suppliers.
- Requests for privacy notices from all our IT providers, e.g. Primary Site, TTRockstars, SIMS etc.
- Review of policies: Data Protection; Image Use, Acceptable Use etc.
- Staff training - GDPR awareness
In addition we continue to have a DPO service, Satswana, and audits completed on our data protection procedures.
We send out an electronic Image consent form to all parents and carers when they joining Offham Primary School. At Offham Primary School, we take photographs and film pupils as part of our core activity of education. During your child’s time at Offham Primary School this occurs as part of normal teaching, learning, assessment and safeguarding procedures and as such we do not need your permission for these activities.
However, we do seek your permission to take photographs of your child and use them in the ways described below for the purpose of supporting learning, advertising the school and to celebrate pupil success. Please consider carefully the ramification of not granting permission before you decide.