All Around the World!
Below, you will find 20 tasks. Each one is different, and for your English homework (every other week, due to maths) you may choose a task to complete and a country to go with it!
You can do the tasks in any order. Please make sure you write the number of the task you are doing somewhere on your homework, and tick them off as you go. You must choose a different country each time, but may explore the same country more than once overall. Please remember to let us know which country you’ve chosen! You’ll need to research the country for most of them.
1. Make a list of landmarks you would find in a country of your choice. Show your research in any form you like!
2. You get lost at the airport and board the wrong plane. It takes you to a completely new country! In the form of a diary, write what happens to you during your first day.
3. Choose an artist who originates from a country of your choice. Recreate a piece of their artwork, and write a review of it – justifying your opinions as you go.
4. Research a recent event that happened in a country of your choice. Write a short newspaper article letting people in England know what happened.
5. Mr Durrant has decided to postpone his teaching career and go travelling for a year. Write a summary of his adventures in a country of your choice.
6. You are on holiday in a country of your choice when you find a large shopping list blowing in the wind. It has been written by one of the locals, so you decide to translate it. What’s on the list? (It doesn’t just have to be food!)
7. Find a recipe from a country of your choice. Make the recipe and take a photo to show your creation! We had some brilliant entries last term.
8. Write your own acrostic, free-verse or haiku poem about nature in a country of your choice.
9. Write a fact-file about a sportsperson from a country of your choice.
10. Make a 3D object from a country of your choice. .
11. Draw and write a storyboard which shows a brief history of a country of your choice.
12. Create a travel magazine advert for a country of your choice. Remember to be persuasive!
13. Write a rap which will be performed on the country’s behalf at Eurovision.
14. Recreate the country’s national flag and write a national anthem to go with it – use the original for inspiration!
15. You bump into a famous musician in a country of your choice. You get to talking, and decide to use the scenery around you as inspiration to write a song together. What are the lyrics?
16. Make and write a postcard sent from the capital city of a country of your choice.
17. Research some local delicacies and use these to design a typical menu for a country of your choice.
18. Draw a scene (beach, market place, landmark, tourist attraction…) from a country of your choice. Around it, mind-map some nouns, adjectives and verbs.
19. Write a paragraph in the form of an explanation text comparing England to a country of your choice.
20. Imagine you are living a country of your choice. Write a paragraph describing three things you would like about living in there and three things you don’t think you would like. Remember to say why.